Welcome to the devblog of Guardians of the Realm, an ambitious Fantasy Xcom game with a randomized map RTS layer featuring fog of war exploration, troop movement, base building, research, and capture and control of resource points. Scenario based tactical battles will allow incredible combat depth and accessibility, with diverse and customizable character development.
You are the Lord of the Kingdom which has lived in peace and prosperity for generations, but is now under attack by an unknown force from beyond your castle walls, and from within! Discover and defeat your foe by learning new knowledge, building your arsenal, and defending your lands by recruiting from among your loyal subjects and commanding them in strategic deployments and tactical turn based battles.
Core Design Pillars
- Feeling of fear, tension, and desperation.
- Deep but accessible combat.
- Exploration and sense of constant discovery/reward.
- Highly customizable and flexible units and playstyles.
- Streamlined, intuitive visuals, controls, indicators, and interface.
- Highly replayable.
- Visually distinctive, production efficient art style set on traditional fantasy setting.